Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
lansuite 602 has encountered a problem
  Posted by  Calvin Wong  on Monday, October 23, 2006 at 8:31:45 PM (EST)
When I start 602 Landsuite2004, I got the following error and ask me to close it:

"lansuite 602 has encountered a problem and needs to close"

If I click the button, 602 will be gone.

Anyone know about that?
thanks
  Posted by Graham Burrell  on Monday, October 23, 2006 at 10:52:28 PM (EST)
Hello,

I have two systems exhibiting the same issue.

Both are on XPsp2 systems. It seems to be when the AV updates, however I will get a section of the log file and paste it here.

As a temporary fix, stop the lansuit service and make it manual. Then start Lansuit using the start-up icon. Now when the error message appears, do not click any of the 'send error report' messages. I mean leave the error on screen. Lansuit will continue for you. The error message is apparent just before the message.

Hello Support. Need some help on fixing this one please!

Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 11:03:54 AM (EST)
Looks like an antivirus issue. I checked with support and they told me to delete the files inside the plugins folder in the lan suite folder. Did that and started lan suite as a program rather than a service and it worked fine!
  Posted by John Lavelle  on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 1:53:00 PM (EST)
I'm having the same problem thought he plugin deletion fix worked.

Can it now be run as a Service?
  Posted by John Lavelle  on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 2:07:14 PM (EST)
Lansuite has always given me a great deal of trouble whenever I received an email that contained a virus. It seems that this is a new manifestation of the problems!

I have on at least 3 occasions asked about this problem but on one has a fix for it and Software 602 seems totally uninterested in fixing it.

In case it is of any use to anyone here is the log that I was getting starting Lansuite both as a Service and a Program:

--- Tuesday 15:18:58 24/10/2006 602LAN SUITE 2004 Anti-Virus Edition (Max. users: 5) NT Service START ---
15:18:58 SMTP: Internet addresses read - total of 5 addresses (aliases) for 2 users.
15:18:58 SMTP: Initializing Windows Sockets...
15:19:01 LAN SUITE Anti-virus initialized.
15:19:01 AVG Anti-virus initialized.
15:19:01 SMTP: Initializing SMTP service...
15:19:01 SMTP: Waiting for incoming connection...
15:19:01 SMTP: SMTP server started.
15:19:01 POP3: Initializing POP3 service...
15:19:01 POP3: Waiting for incoming connection...
15:19:01 POP3: POP3 server started.
15:19:03 PROXY: 0856 FTP-Client proxy uses 0.0.0.0:
15:19:03 PROXY: 0860 Telnet proxy 0.0.0.0:
15:19:03 PROXY: 0872 WWW/FTP/security proxy and WWW uses 0.0.0.0:
15:19:03 PROXY: 0884 WWW/FTP/security proxy and WWW uses 0.0.0.0:
15:19:04 HTTP: WWW/Proxy software started as configured.
15:19:04 RAPROXY: RealAudio proxy started.
15:19:04 SMTP: Processing message '348f180b.x'/'348f180b.d'
15:19:08 POP3: [2] '' [xxx.xx.x.x] connected.
15:19:08 POP3: [2] POP3 connection to '' established.
15:19:08 POP3: [2] POP3 access to mailbox '' started.
15:19:09 SMTP: : ZapisPrijatouInternetZasilku 0xc0000005, z_pos=23
15:19:09 SMTP: : SMTPProcessQueues_Ex 0xc0000005, x_pos=27
15:19:09 SMTP: : ThreadSMTPProcessQueues 0xc0000005

Posted by Graham Burrell  on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 4:18:47 PM (EST)
Hello Everyone,

John Lavelle has posted the offending errors - thanks

To solve this problem I used the following:
Start lansuit manually, ignore the error, using setup stop lansuit antivirus, close lansuit., answer the error message.
Start lansuit again, you will notice that the AV updates its files, wait until it seems to be running normal, then shut it down.
Restart lansuit manually and start the AV, all then runs OK
Now close/re-run lansuit as a service.

This happened on two independent systems on the same day! Sure seems like a lansuit problem.

Does support have a solution?

Cheers, Graham from Australia

Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 9:38:48 AM (EST)
It's an anti-virus engine problem. If you get your AV updates, it'll work just fine. Deleting the contents of the plugins folder will fix this because it will force an update.
  Posted by Duron Duron  on Friday, October 27, 2006 at 3:02:42 PM (EST)
Same problem "602Lan Suite has encountered....". It still works if you don't send the error report. I've emptied my plugins file and have also turned off AV. Each time it saves the configuration but won't shut down until I "Send Error Report". Problem still continues. Any advice?
  Posted by John Lavelle  on Saturday, October 28, 2006 at 6:31:26 AM (EST)
The problem I had was it just wouldn't start up. The log file show how far it got before bombing out.

Basically you have a virus in one (or more) of the emails and you need to delete the email. If you look at my log file I posted above you will see a line:

15:19:04 SMTP: Processing message '348f180b.x'/'348f180b.d'

This is the message that contained the virus. Until this is dealt with LanSuite will fail.

If LanSuite can run (it seems to be able to do so on some systems but not others) and if LanSuite is set as a Service, Stop the Service. If you have started it as an EXE stop the program.

You can then either do a search for this message and delete it and/or

1. Make sure your Antivirus is fully up to date - It is very important that this is done first.
navigate to the Plugins folder (usually: C:\Program Files\Software602\602LAN SUITE\PLUGINS) and delete (not to the waste bin but a full delete i.e. SHIFT+ DELETE) the complete contents of the PLUGINS folder leaving an empty folder
2. Start LanSuite as a program not a Service
3. Let LanSuite process the messages
4. Get everyone to log via the WEB Interface in an retrieve their messages and delete all the mesages that they don't need
5. In LanSuite, Rollback the last update
6. Set Lansuite to start as a Service
7. Restart the computer
8 .In LanSuie, reinstall the latest update which should repopulate the PLUGINS folder properly.

That should get LanSuite running properly again.

Unfortunately it won't fix the "Freezing" when an infected email arrives even if you tell your anitvirus not to scan the LanSuite folders. But hey, we don't mind a major network failure requiring a server reboot just because Software602 haven't a clue how to fix the problem do we... ? I've got Exchange and will be moving to that next week as I can't afford the downtime even though I've still 6 months to run on LanSuite.
  Posted by Mr. Antony  on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 3:37:39 AM (EST)
When I start 602 Landsuite2004, I got the following error and ask me to close it:

"lansuite 602 has encountered a problem and needs to close"

If I click the button, 602 will be gone.

Anyone know about that?
thanks
  Posted by Graham Burrell  on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 4:49:38 AM (EST)
Hello,
I have struck this problem intermittently on several systems.
What the problem is I am unsure, but it has always been a corrupt email – by virus and spam.
The fix is to be in front of the system (Not remote admin) and start lansuit.
As it goes through the startup routine an email will be processed just before an error message occurs and then the lansuit “windows” error.
Locate all references to this email in c:\lansuit \io\internet (or your install), and move them to the desktop. Restart lansuit from the icon and all should be O.K. If it happens again move the second offending email .
When all starts O.K. use notepad and check the offending email(s) and you will see the problem.
Hope this helps
602 SHOULD have a fix for this. Why not?
Graham (Australia)
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.