Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Internet Explorer 7 & Webclient
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 1:07:09 AM (EST)
I have just upgraded to the Release Version of IE7. When logging into the Webclient, IE7 acts very irratically. It freezes up the system for awhile, then performs the action requested. This only happens on the login page and when I am logged into my mailbox. This includes any action, even trying to close IE7. Any other page on the Webserver works fine.

I used to have IE7 open up three pages on startup. I had to remove the webclient because of this behavior.

Has anyone else had this issue with IE7 and the lansuite mail client?

Any suggestions will be appreicated. I am sure my users will want the upgrade to IE7 and I will have to put them off until this is fixed.
  Posted by Eric Praske  on Saturday, October 21, 2006 at 5:38:06 PM (EST)
That's strange. I also have IE7, but no problems with lan suite web mail.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Sunday, October 22, 2006 at 2:13:04 AM (EST)
That's surprising...I have installed IE7, beta and release version and it happens on all of them.

One thing, I do NOT use port 80 for the website, I arbitrarily picked a different port 3890 for the website, for just a little bit extra security.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it? By using a non standard port, any bots that happen across our domain would keep on going because port 80 is closed.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.