Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Email and VOIP
  Posted by  Tim Foster  on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 10:54:40 PM (EST)
I hope someone can help me here.

I've just gone back to dialup from broadband (moved to Mexico and broadband isn't available here yet) and need to configure my stuff again. I have a server running Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1. On this I setup and configured ProxyPro to act as my proxy server. This was fine as I could get to the internet from my laptop and other desktops on the network. However, their support is non-existent (I think they went bust!), and so I installed LANSuite 2004. Now I seem to have more problems.

What I want to do is allow all my machines to access the internet (easy enough), I also want to allow my VOIP client to connect through LANSuite from any machine.

Finally, I have two POP3 based email accounts. Each client machine is running MS Outlook 2003 and is connected to an Exchange 2003 server. The Exchange domain isn't working but I'm not too worried about that at the moment. What I want the client machines to be able to do is collect their email from the two POP3 boxes. The domains are betterthanthelottery.com and safeguardyourcar.com. My account is tim.foster at both and so Outlook on my laptop needs to collect this email. My partner obviously needs to collect her email. Reading the FAQ's it seems to say that I configure the POP3 accounts in the admin tool for LANSuite and configure a POP3 account to check my server running LANSuite and away you go. Hmmm.... Nope! I tried that and although the log says it's collecting email it seems to 'lose' it somewhere.

I tried logging a support ticket, but as I only need the 5 user version they weren't too keen on helping me.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:00:20 AM (EST)
It sounds like you just didn't configure the accounts properly. If you're downloading mail from two different domains, I recommend you set up two aliases for the account(s) for each e-mail address you're downloading. So if you have an account in LAN Suite "tim.foster", you should create aliases as tim.foster@betterthanthelottery.com and tim.foster@safeguardyourcar.com. Lan Suite will read those aliases and route the mail the the appropriate box.
  Posted by Tim Foster  on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 11:23:35 AM (EST)
I've setup the aliases but still get no email coming through. LANSuite seems to collect it just fine but then it disappears.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 5:46:53 PM (EST)
I tried to send an email to one of the addresses you said you are using. I got back the following result:

: host mx0.123-reg.co.uk[195.224.48.119]
said: 550 relay not permitted (in reply to RCPT TO command)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This says you are going through mx0.123-reg.co.uk, and this server does not reconize you. Is this your ISP? If so, have they defined your urls (betterthanthelottery.com, safeguardyourcar.com) to be reconized by there email server?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 6:00:14 PM (EST)
Just seen that that the two email destinations are going through two different ISPs.

tim.foster@betterthanthelottery.com (550, no relay allowed)
tim.foster@safeguardyourcar.com (This seems to work)

The betterthanthelottery.com, needs to be checked out. Seems not to be working.

The safeguardyourcar seems to be getting emails. You should see an email with subject = Test, message = Test.
  Posted by Tim Foster  on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 9:57:19 PM (EST)
Thanks for the help guys, but still no joy.

I didn't get the test message. Nor is 123reg.co.uk my ISP. Both domains are hosted with discountasp.net in the US.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 1:01:27 PM (EST)
If you say you are recieving the mail, but than it is vanishing, best I can think off is either they are being thrown out as spam, or a mail rule has been setup that is deleting them.

Say someone wanted to setup a mail rule to move the email to another subfolder, but forgot to add the move, since mail rules have the 'delete when down' automatically check, you would lose the email.

-----------

about the 'betterthenthelottery.com MX settings, this is what www.dnsstuff.com says:

betterthanthelottery.com. MX IN 86400 mx1.123-reg.co.uk. [Preference = 20]
betterthanthelottery.com. MX IN 86400 mx0.123-reg.co.uk. [Preference = 10]
betterthanthelottery.com. NS IN 86400 ns.hosteurope.com.
betterthanthelottery.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.hosteurope.com.

Your MX records seem to be pointing to a european service provider.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.