Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cannot send mail to some external Server
  Posted by  Uwise Ahmed  on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 10:57:53 AM (EST)
Please help me off from this Problem
I had just installed this Lansuite and i have configured properly, and while testing, all other mails i can recieve , if i reply them or compose a new mail to them they cant recieve the mail, if i try sending to my Gmail account i can recieve my mail, at the same time when i reply from Gmail account the "failure delivery notice" is been send to my gmail account ,mean to say my mail server cant recieve the mail from Gmail,and i have configured my outgoing mail server to "smtp.streamyx.com"malaysian server ,if i configured to local server also i am out,please help me solve this problem.
Please reply me as soon as you all guys can
Mohamed
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 9:46:14 AM (EST)
What does the bounce message say the problem is? Just a guess, but maybe you didn't set up your MX entries for the domain you're using?
  Posted by Uwise Ahmed  on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 9:23:12 AM (EST)
please educate me how to setup Mx records in the domain,using LS,setting up of MX records for me i have setup only the DNS provided by the ISP.
please reply me soon
Mohamed
  Posted by Uwise Ahmed  on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 10:03:31 AM (EST)
so far i did not setup any MX records, and to tracking of log files i did not recive any errors regarding Mx, please educate me to write down how to write down mx records,plese help me as soon as possible
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 1:10:36 AM (EST)
Your ISP will have the information you need. MX Records are needed to tell email servers where to send email for a domain.

These can be diferent than the DNS entries for your site. Your ISP can have diferent email servers or you can host your own email server so that is why the entries are diferent.
  Posted by John Bull  on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 10:55:09 AM (EST)
This may be an answer to your problem, but from your description it is difficult to tell:

I have discovered that some recipient systems are rejecting mail if the name given in an SMTP HELO/EHLO command does not match the IP address of the sender, which strictly is contrary to the RFC2821 SMTP standard. According to the standard the recipient systems may use this mismatch for logging, or to add something to a spam score, but they should not use it for outright rejection. Fortunately most ISPs and major users comply with the standard, but some do not. Hence there will be a small proportion of email messages rejected for this reason.

Because most major ISPs comply with the standard, this is only likely to be problem if you are sending mail direct using SMTP, and not if you are relaying via your ISP. Also you are less likely to have a problem with a big company than a medium sized business. Only isolated small/individual users who use direct SMTP, and perhaps without a domain name, are likley to encounter this problem.

The solution is as follows:

Open the configuration using "Settings" - "Advanced configuration" and go to the "SMTP" tab. The "Send outgoing mail via ISP" will probably be unchecked, in which case mail is being sent direct. Open "Advanced sending parameters" and locate the box for the HELO/EHLO command. Put in here a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) that will match the IP address that the recipient will see in the first Received line of the email header. When the recipient does a DNS lookup on the name, they should get an IP address that matches the domain from which the message was sent. Note that systems that reject messages because the HELO/EHLO parameter does not authenticate insist on an FQDN (Host address (A) in a DNS lookup), so setting up MX records may not be sufficient.

If your IP address is assigned dynamically by your ISP, so that it could change from time to time, then you have a further problem. You can get round this by using a (free) dynamic name service such as www.dyndns.org or www.zoneedit.com

If you have trouble knowing what to put as the domain name, you may get away with putting your IP address in square brackets as the HELO/EHLO parameter. The recipient system then, rather stupidly, checks that the IP address matches the IP address. As a means of authentication, checking correspondence between name and IP address is rather useless, which is probably why the standard does not support it as a reason for rejection, but some designers don't see this.

A further problem is that a fully qualified domain name should strictly end in a period, (eg domain.com.) but the period is left off so often that most systems just accept the plain name (eg domain.com). Unfortunately it has now reversed to the point where some systems will reject a properly formatted name; that is, will reject a name that does end in a period but accept one that does not. So, on balance, it would probably be better to leave out the final period, even though strictly it is incorrect.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.