Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
no appeal note is sent from bayesian filter
  Posted by  Testuser Testpass  on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 6:09:15 AM (EST)
Hi,
Bayesian filter learning settings I have the followong checked:

- Automatically learn from senders listed in the white list
- Bayesian filter is updated automatically and an appeal note is sent to the Anti-spam account

but I have never received anything like "appeal note", when I have forwarded messages to junk@junk or notjunk@junk. Is this a normal behaviour? What does the appeal note mean?

Thank you.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:10:19 AM (EST)
An appeal note basically means when mail is sent to junk or notjunk, it will send a special e-mail to the antispam account so the administrator can decide if the message is indeed good or bad.

Make sure you've got the correct account set up for the anti-spam account setting.
  Posted by Testuser Testpass  on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 3:20:08 AM (EST)
> Make sure you've got the correct account set up for the anti-spam account setting.

Yes, I have this account set up, hopefully correctly (I use admin account as antispam), junk mail is forwarded to it. However no appeal note is ever sent to the anti-spam account :(

Could the problem be, that I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as mail client? When thunderbird forwards whole message as attachment, it does not add the .eml extension to the file name as outlook express does.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.