Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
ACCESSING LANSUITE via Internet
  Posted by  Beyers Slabbert  on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 at 11:43:41 AM (EST)
Our Office (site A) setup is such that we pop our ISP over a DSL connection, but i'd like to be able to then collect the mail now on my Lansuite server from another site (site B with it's own dsl connection).

I've setup a dynDNS address which points to my ISP given IP, i can ping that particular address - but i can't access the Lansuite Part of the server... for argument sake: arcpta.getmyip.com (which points to 165.145.131.54 (or whatever the ISP hands me) and gets updated in the DNS entries of .getmyip.com) - how to i "point" an internet connection via my WAN/Internet Network port to go to the specific IP of my lansuite... within the network if i browse to http://192.9.205.1 i get to the web-interphase of lansuite... http://192.9.205.1/mail works perfectly... but how do achieve the same thing via an internet connection from home - that should also allow me to pop & smtp to my office "server" from home...

NAT is enabled with no filter specified (to try an minimise pitfalls), Firewall has been disabled, Proxy IP filter has been set to allow all (for the moment) access (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0)

what am i missing?
thnx
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 11:40:49 AM (EST)
Does your IP connection go to a router, or a switch, and from there to your lansuite server?

If so, you will likely need to tell your router to forward the neccessary ports to your lansuite server internal IP address.
  Posted by . .  on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 5:06:25 AM (EST)
I have used the www.no-ip.com client via my router and it work great. You register a free service with then and then you can register a domain XXX@XXX.com then you point your xxx@xxx.com to your lansuite it works great
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.