Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Outlook Problem
  Posted by  Paul Ogier  on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 1:03:37 PM (EST)
Hi there,
I would only like to use the lansuite for Internet connection sharing. But as soon as i set it up, there is a problem with my email coming in and going out. I have enabled and disabled the smtp server in lansuite and it still does not work. Any other options? i can get onto the internet with my proxy on 192.168.0.2.
  Posted by Beyers Slabbert  on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 at 12:08:41 PM (EST)
firstly, you can get onto the web with your proxy as you've mentioned (assuming that that IP is your LS server IP)...

sounds like you'd like to be able to pop/smtp via outlook to another ISP (directly and not via LS)... like instead of using 192.168.0.2 for pop3 & smtp, you want direct access via your network to pop3.isp.com and smtp.isp.com (for example)

you need to enable NAT(without any IP filter's i found works easiest - not always the safest though)
your proxy server IP Filter must be set to allow access through it (allow from your LAN range (192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 -> 0.0.0.0/0.0.0) through the proxy to any server)
LS under Proxy (in advanced configuration) you need to allow "Process DNS Requests"

you also need to be using the DHCP, specifically with the "3-Routers" specified as the same server IP...
on your LAN pc the default gateway needs to be specified as 192.168.0.2 (or your LS server IP)
"6-domain Name Servers" must be specified the same as the router...
hope this helps... i struggled with this for quite a while as well - the NATting is the most important bit...
before running via outlook - try and ping a know server to test...

BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.