Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Lansuite Firewall/Proxy/Nat Questions
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Friday, September 15, 2006 at 8:00:56 PM (EST)
We currently use Hardware Routers on our network and use Lansuite only for EMail and Intranet.

Our company has expanded to about 75 devices at our Main office and we have approx 40 remote sites with at least two computers that connect to our servers either thru Lansuite for EMail and Terminal Services for Applications. We now have a T1 and Cable internet connections. We are currently using a Nexland Pro800Turbo which bonds the two connections into one and has automatic failover if one connection goes down. When we bond the two together we only get about 60% of the available bandwidth (if lines were separate).

We have checked out hardware options such as Symantec Appliance 200R, DLink DI-DL604, Edimax PRI-582, and the Linksys RV042, but they all seem to have VERY BAD reviews.

Does Lansuite allow the use of two WAN ports and bond them together? Also, if it does, does it also offer failover. I would use 2 network cards to the modems and another 2 ethernet connections to our network infrastructure for failover.

Does Lansuite offer Dynamic DNS integration (we use TZO)?

Last question, Do you think I will get better performance using Lansuite?

Any help and or suggestions in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
  Posted by Chris Wilson  on Friday, September 22, 2006 at 3:47:40 AM (EST)
I've had troubles with bonding lines, in the end i kept them separate and used one for incomin/outgoing mail and incoming/outgoing TS while the other was used for everything else. Took a bit of tweaking at router level to get the routing right, but made all the difference in the end.

HTH

BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.