Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
mail forwarding and auto-reply
  Posted by  Mike Tran  on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 10:09:38 PM (EST)
Help...I am going crazy here...

I must have read the instructions how to forward my emails to an external email accounts for at least a million times :-) and followed the steps how to do it.

To no avail, the mail messages were not forwarded to an external account or the auto-reply. They are still on my lansuite email server.

what did I missed

is it because I do NOT have RDNS set up for my mail server or the GOD do not like me and punish me because I am using the free 5 accounts package.

thanx

Mike
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 6:29:56 PM (EST)
Have you put in a correctly spelled email address? I was just playing around with forwarding and not getting anyplace. Then I noticed I had misspelled the email address. As soon as I had put in the correct spelling the forwarding worked.

Are you using a residential or business isp account? If you have Lansuite on a residential account, it is possible that the recieving SMTP server is refusing it.

As for deleting the email after forwarding, make sure you put a check mark in the 'delete' box at the top of the form.
  Posted by Engelbert Lips  on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 4:50:46 PM (EST)
Hi,

I have two ideas:

Did you use a correct emailadress with @provider.net as sender and not only a alias like "webmaster". This will work only internal and the smtp server in the internet will refuse to send the mail with incomplete sender address.

Make shure you don't use a recipient address which you define at the same time at Lan Suite as alias to allow you to send also mails with this address as sender. In this case the mailserver has no need to send it outside and keeps it internal.

Engelbert
Engelbert
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.