Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
log files via web browser
  Posted by  Testuser Testpass  on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 5:38:36 AM (EST)
Hi,

I've been using paid version of winproxy since 2000 (it's free only for 3 users and I needed 5), but it does not have spam filter, and spam is really killing me, so I decided to look for a change ;)

I'm trying the free version of Lansuite, but I cannot find way to simply look into the log files. I don't need any extra fuctionality like activereports, just an access to the plain text logfiles containing http requests, incoming and outgoing mail, but via browser. I found that there's file C:\Program Files\Software602\602LAN SUITE\W3CA083006.LOG holding web pages access, but how can I get to this file via web administration?

Thank you in advance for reply.

Jan

btw. did I mention that Lansuite looks great? :) Thank you for it!
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 4:55:09 PM (EST)
No, you can't, but you might be able to write a PHP script that would parse that information and display it on a page if you really wanted to. I'd go with PHP because it's a lot less load on the system than Perl/CGI.
  Posted by Testuser Testpass  on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 3:59:23 AM (EST)
Hi, thank you for reply, but I have discovered that I can simply move directory of WWW server to C:\Program Files\Software602\602LAN SUITE\ without need of php ;)
  Posted by Testuser Testpass  on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 4:01:26 AM (EST)
One another thing - can I set up somewhere a directory where the log files will be created? They are by default created in C:\Program Files\Software602\602LAN SUITE, but I'd prefer another location (i.e. c:\logs)

Thank you, have a nice day,
Jan.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.