Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 6.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Printing from Terminal Server Client
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Thursday, August 24, 2006 at 10:42:29 PM (EST)
We have an issue regarding printing a PDF from a Terminal Server Client session. The details below have been repeated on Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients. This has also been tested with the client user having Administrator rights on the server and it still does not work.

If a remote user logs into my Terminal Server, and that users environment settings in Terminal Server are set to run a specific program, that user CANNOT print to PDF while using that application. Depending on the application, diferent print errors appear, but they don't seem to be generated by the system, they are generated by the application.

If a remote user logs into my Terminal Server, and that user is presented with a desktop with icons, that user CAN print to PDF while using applications locally or on the server.

Unfortunately, most of my remote users use one or two specific programs, their environment settings are set to run only that application, so when a user exits that application, the session ends.

I tried to create a batch file that runs the print2pdf executable, then the application my user needs, did NOT work!

Please Help...The reason we purchased this software was so my users can print PDF's locally.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 10:06:59 AM (EST)
does your login script contain the prnpack.exe /server command? You have to run that in order for your clients to actually use the printer.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 8:29:42 PM (EST)
I created a logon script and the Print Driver now loads. Unfortunately, when the user closes their application, which logs the user off, the logoff now hangs. The only way to end the session is to manually click the close icon.

Is their a command line switch to unload the software on exit? I can then add this to a logoff script.
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.