Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Dial-up error 632
  Posted by  J.h. Roza  on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 4:24:01 PM (EST)
As someone else also reported there is definitely something wrong with the newest Lansuite version.
After upgrading internet connection is impossible, Lansuite constantly reports "Dial-Up error 632".
My modem is online and reports modem diagnostics report the correct connection values so the hardware side is okay.
Restarting Windows doesn't change a thing.
After reinstalling an older version of Lansuite everything is working fine again, so I think some 602software technicians will have a busy day tomorrow :-))
Hope you'll have the bug fixed soon.

Jan Roza
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 10:35:46 AM (EST)
See my reply in the other post.

- Can you dial in using DUN and not the connection tab? (eg, can you use the windows dial-up networking applet, then set lan suite to work as a "permenant" connection?)

- Are you sure the information you entered in the connection tab is indeed correct?
  Posted by J.h. Roza  on Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 6:55:12 PM (EST)
I haven't touched connection settings at all in LS and the old version is working right after installation whereas the new version only give the 632 errors.

Using the software accompanying the ADSL modem I do get the modem connected to the internet but no application on my server can use the connection (AVG update for instance says that an error occurred when looking for updates).

The minute after I reinstalled the older LS version (without changing anything in LS, Dial-up or any other settings on my server) all is well again and LS and AVG and other application can use internet connection again.

Since no settings anywhere have been touched during the whole process it clearly must be something in the newest LS that is causing the 632 dial-up errors.

So for me I stay with the old version until I get a definitive solution or a updated new LS version.

I still hope you guys can find something.
  Posted by Simon Wilks  on Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 3:11:21 PM (EST)
I too had just had this.

I see the earlier post and see what the error is.

heres info of my fault.

installed Version 2004.06.0810 over the top of 2004.05.0803

on restart lansuite starts the dial up and gives error 632.

The DUN is working fine independantly of lansuite. this error only appears when lansuite starts it.

If you put the radio button back to "perminant connection" lansuite works fine (as long as you start the DUN yourself)
gave it a reboot then changed settings back to "DUN" and i get the error again

I backed off the change by copying an old backup on the "software 602" back into program files

I am now working on version 2004.05.0803
  Posted by J.h. Roza  on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 2:18:37 AM (EST)
Just downloaded and installed the new 0821 version.
It's working as intended, so problem solved.

Great work guys, as usual your response is quick and adequate.

Jan Roza
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.