Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 6.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Appserver conversion hangs
  Posted by  Pim-jan Veenendaal  on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 3:36:30 AM (EST)
I use Print2PDF SE on an application server through a com+ application. Since the com+ application is setup to run with a a service account, everything is running on an invisible desktop.

And now the conversion processes hang for html to pdf conversions and doc to pdf conversions. I see iexplore.exe and/or winword.exe being started but they never finish. Conversion by using Convert2PDF in a contextmenu on the same files and from the same (service) account gives no problems whatsoever.

Any thoughts?
  Posted by Pim-jan Veenendaal  on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 7:01:21 AM (EST)
Some extra info:

I changed my com+ code to start an extra process "prnpack.exe /server". Now Internet Explorer is pretty much ok. Word however starts to spool the file (the status in de print queue is spooling), the first bits of the pdf file are written to disk, and that is it. I notice that a process "agentsvr.exe" is started, it is not started when I perform a right-click on the file and choose Convert2PDF. No idea why.

Brilliant thoughts are very welcome.
  Posted by Premysl Pech  on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 2:20:45 PM (EST)
Try new Print2PDF 6.0 Server Edition. It has watched folders and much better control for Microsoft Office through ini files. Loook for "How to configure advanced Folder2PDF options" in the user manual.
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.