Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
jmsma
  Posted by  Jorge Alves  on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 9:59:17 PM (EST)
When I run 602LAN SUITE 2004 as win xp service, the other computers in the network don't get the right IP adress from the DHCP Server.
I've got the dns-options enabled with the DNS Proxy activated, and the routers option enabled with the NAT Server activated as well.
The most strange is that if I start 602LAN SUITE manualy, the client computers get the correct IP adress in the same instant.
The problem happens when I run as a service.
Does WinService runs the DHCP server as well?
Please help me
  Posted by Ralph G  on Monday, June 19, 2006 at 5:16:50 AM (EST)
Just check to see that you DON'T have another DHCP server such as an internet router with DHCP turned on. You should only have 1 DHCP server on a network. I know it doesn't appear to be your problem but you know how idiotic DHCP can be, maybe the DHCP service is weaker than the DHPC program and hence the behaviour!
  Posted by Jorge Alves  on Monday, June 19, 2006 at 9:56:21 AM (EST)
My internet conection is made by cable modem, wich is conected to the computer running 602LAN Server. The IP, DNS and gateway to the cable modem is set by the DHCP Server by the ISP, but no other DHCP Server is running in any other computer of LAN.
The cable modem has the possibility to be atatched to LAN switch directely, but I prefer to use the USB conection, and run a NAT Server to give the other 2 computers access to Internet. I believe it is safer.
I do not know if the cable modem has DHCP Server builtin, I think not. The model is Thomson TCM425.
Do you think is possible that the modem has DHCP Server builtin?
  Posted by Dzordzs Barens  on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 3:46:32 PM (EST)
take a look at the LAN SUITE DHCP service - it should be configured for your internal network only
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.