Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Error: Cant create the file
  Posted by  Neill Mutimer  on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 12:07:56 PM (EST)
Have been running Lansuite 2004 for some time, but sometime either yesterday or early today GMT+8 it cannot collect the POP3 mail.

From the log file, it is logging in ok, even reading the number of mails available and their total size, but cannot physically download.

The error message in the log file is:

Error: -ERR Error: Can't create the file #?

Anybody any ideas as to both cause and resolution, i have searched but not a single reference has come up.

I need to et this resolved otherwise our companies email system is totally non functional, not a good position to be in.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 3:41:11 PM (EST)
Did a quick search with Google. I found one entry. The resoloution in that case was to reboot the server.

What about anti-virus program? Could your AV be blocking an email that it thinks is infected? So when the system tries to create the file to store the email, the anti-virus program says no. The solution in this case would be to remove the incoming mail directory from your anti-virus scan.

I can take it you are not low on disk space. That would cause other problems besides email download.
  Posted by Neill Mutimer  on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 8:45:24 PM (EST)
Russell

Thanks for the reply, i had tried google, but did not find anything.

You are right, a reset has corrected the issue whatever it was.

Any idea as to what the problem might have been?
  Posted by M Blande  on Monday, June 19, 2006 at 12:56:52 PM (EST)
Had a similar occurance once. Traced it to a fight between LS and antivirus. Antivirus locked file for checking, LS tried to get file, AV let go without releasing lock. Appeared that nothing was using file but somewhere in memory a lock was still refusing access to all programs. Reboot cured it. (Windows 2000)
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.