Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Date Field
  Posted by  Jean Autery  on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 12:28:56 AM (EST)
BUG? It would be to have a normal, usable STATIC Date/Time stamp, but I tried the "Date Field" anyway to see if I could use it. Apparantly, it's a dynamic deal that doesn't interest me ... at all. But, I did noticed that in the evening (Mountain Time), the date was wrong anyway ... the field was tomorrow. Is this bug, or what? I guess there may a use for a dynamic Date Field that changes with the date in a document, but I sure don't know why a normal user would want one ... especially if it's for tomorrow. A dynamic time stamp (current system time) is certainly a mystery to me.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, June 05, 2006 at 9:40:32 AM (EST)
That field uses the date/time provided by your computer. Make sure your computer date/time is set correctly and to the appropriate time zone.
  Posted by Jean Autery  on Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 11:28:52 AM (EST)
Thanks for the response Robert, but my time zone is correct ... Mountain Time and automatically corrected hourly by the Atomic Clock in Colorado Springs. I've tested this problem on 4.1 and 4.2 and on three computers. If you insert a Date Field in a document at 9am, the date is correct (ie 6/9/06). After 6pm (or before), the date is updated to tomorrow (ie 6/10/06). Basically, a bug. And again, a static, usable and sensible Date / Time stamp would be a nice feature.
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.