Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
your ip adress changed from last...
  Posted by  Fabstar 81  on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 3:15:35 PM (EST)
i am on an internet connection here with an ISP that changes my last digit of my IP adress every other hour (or so).

accessing my webmail, this causes a lot of trouble. writing an email, my IP adress may change again, in which case LANsuite602 throws me out, because of the IPchange displaying this message:

your ip adress changed from last...

is there any way to disable this protective measure? i am practically the only one using webmail, so there is really no need for this IPbased protection.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 9:35:30 AM (EST)
No, there's not a way to disable this, but you could use an anonymous proxy to get around it. That, or see if your ISP will actually give you an IP address that doesn't dynamically change every hour regardless of your login status.

There's not really any technical reason as to why they'd do this. :)
  Posted by Fabstar 81  on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 1:18:22 PM (EST)
yeah, i can probably forget that fixed IP over here in aruba...that ISP is the one and only, so pretty powerfull here.

anyway, i hope this can be altered though in the next version...i mean...it's just annoying. especially cuz the webmail does not have any other advanced functions like auto save of your draft, like gmail offers for example.
  Posted by Beyers Slabbert  on Friday, September 22, 2006 at 3:31:27 AM (EST)
the alternative is to use what is called Dynamic DNS - something like name.getmyip.com (dynDNS) gets your IP as dished out by your ISP - a small app runs on your PC that updates the address of name.getmyip.com to point to your new IP adress as and when it is updated...
this is quite usefull and completely by-passes the "static-IP" problem...
www.dyndns.com
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.