Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Basic NAT settings for Internet Connection Sharing
  Posted by  Nishan Vivek  on Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 4:20:50 AM (EST)
Hi i have a small home network have been exerimenting with different internet sharing solutions including windows ICS and a router, and would like to try lansuite.

I have been tinkering around for serveral hours and cannot get NAT sharing to work.

I have followed the NAT instructions i the lansuite manual and the guide on the support section of the website but to no avail.

I am certain my ip addresses are setup correctly and i currently hav e the windows firewall disabled on all computers for trouble shooting. I have verfied that all my computer have a working lan connection and can see each other.

When i attemp to access the internet from a client on my network i get the following in the lansuite console.

NAT 0000 TCP 192.168.1.2->72.14.207.104:80 Connection has arrived.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 9:38:00 AM (EST)
Can you access the internet from the server?
  Posted by Nishan Vivek  on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 3:23:41 PM (EST)
Yep the server had working net access
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 9:38:23 AM (EST)
You have 2 network devices and properly configured them as the WAN/LAN interface as appropriate?

When I set up nat for my clients, I use 2 network cards, one goes to a broadband device, the other to the LAN. I use the 192.168.1.x IP address range and just assign each workstation a static IP address. The server is always 192.168.1.1, then each workstation is numbered 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, and so on. For the gateway, I just use 192.168.1.1.

Do you have any firewall, Internet security or anti-virus software installed on the server? You might want to completely disable or remove this as it might be interfering with the NAT packets.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.