Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
too many users
  Posted by  Robert McBride  on Saturday, April 08, 2006 at 6:40:52 PM (EST)
Hello,

We've got a 10 user license. I remember several years ago, LAN Suite didn't care how many people proxied through it, however, the license applied to the number of users created in the "user" database. It appears to have changed it's licensing policy to say that only "x" number of users can proxy through it period. Is this correct?

Secondly, we only have a few (ie 5) users currently proxied through the LAN Suite, however, it is complaining that "Too Many Users" have connected.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thank you,
Ken
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Sunday, April 09, 2006 at 4:18:33 AM (EST)
In the white paper:

http://download2.software602.com/pdf/lns/2004/ls2004_wp.pdf

I found the following statement:

NOTE: 602LAN SUITE supports the amount of users licensed. If you have a 10 user
license you will only be able to create 10 mailboxes and only 10 IP addresses will be
able to connect through NAT or proxy.

Also I seem to remember reading in another thread it takes about an hour for an unused IP address to clear itself out; or you have restart the service.

you can run into problems with DHCP. If the users constently get a new dynamic IP address you can easily exceed you LANsuite license. If you have a 10 user licence, then set up you DHCP to only have maxuium of 10 IP addresses.
  Posted by Allen Carroll  on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 9:30:28 PM (EST)
I've just run into the same problem...

Is there any way to flush the DNS IP list when a machine is finished appart from having fixed IP's that is...

- Wayne
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.