Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Blocking port 80
  Posted by  Robert McBride  on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 5:25:07 PM (EST)
Hi all,

Just downloaded and installed yesterday. We're running NAT and would like to block all port 80 access from the internal network to the internet.

From reading the pdf manual, it states that if the port is no in the firewall as a rule, then it is not allowed. I have removed port 80 from any of the medium custom settings, however, it still works fine.

The goal is to block port 80 and force everyone to the http proxy server on port 81 to take advantage of the content filtering.

Thanks,
Ken (on behalf of Robert)
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, March 31, 2006 at 5:15:55 PM (EST)
I've never tried to do something like that before, I always just filtered ports through our router..but you could probably do it. You'd just need to remove all the rules from the custom rule set, then create a single rule for your proxy port, but not on port 80. I'd recommend something like 8080 because the high level ports won't be used.

A hardware solution might be better suited for what you're trying to do than a software solution. If you don't want to invest in the hardware, I'd suggest disabling nat all together and just requiring your users use the http or socks proxy. It's not as compatible, but it'll insure more control over their connections.
  Posted by M Blande  on Monday, April 10, 2006 at 3:48:02 PM (EST)
Simple solution is to use mapped link.
All access from 0.0.0.0 on port 80 map to Lansuite server IP port 81
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.