Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Outgoing web services not working
  Posted by  Roger Barth  on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 at 11:28:39 PM (EST)
I amd using the 5 free user LanSuite 2004. If I have the lansuite firewall enabled, internet explorer or any outgoing http or ftp will not work. just get the dns error page. http/ftp/www Proxy defaults to 192.168.1.1 and that may be the problem, but I am not able to change it. suggestions?
  Posted by Eric Praske  on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 12:20:53 AM (EST)
Most likely the firewall is setup incorrectly. You will need to make sure the http ports are forwarded to the machine. Also double-check to see if you enabled the webserver and it is running on the default webserver port 80.
  Posted by Roger Barth  on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 12:30:31 AM (EST)
The webserver is enabled and is accessible from the internet. I just can't get out. POP3 and SMTP is availabel from the internet. I can FTP in from the internet. In the firewall, I have enabled outgoing TCP connections from the computer to the internet.
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 3:25:44 PM (EST)
You need to make sure that your proxy servers are enabled on your internal I.P. subnet so that they see your internal computers.

Example: If you have given the Lansuite computer an internal IP address of 192.168.1.1, then the proxy servers need to be enabled at this IP address.

Remember, if you are connecting to a cable modem or a DSL modem and you have more than one computer on your internal network, then you have to have two (2) network cards installed in the computer that is running LanSuite.

One network card will have the IP address assigned to you by your ISP. The other network card will have the IP address you have chosen for your internal network. Check the LanSuite instructions for how to set this up.

Good Luck.
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 3:28:17 PM (EST)
Whoops!. Almost forgot, the proxy servers will also need to be enabled on the external IP address given to you by your ISP inorder to be able to see them from the Internet.

You may just want to just choose ALL for the proxy servers.
  Posted by Roger Barth  on Friday, March 24, 2006 at 12:22:58 AM (EST)
Thanks eveyone for your suggestions. I blew away the machine and reinstalled XP and Lansuite. All appears to be working fine. I have the machine behind a firewall and have disabled the LanSuite Firewall.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.