Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cannot send out mail through remote smpt srver
  Posted by  Vincent Zuffour  on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 6:05:05 AM (EST)
Hello
we are 15 users under a lan using 602 lan . we all hv laptops and use outlook to check our mails from home remotly through 602 lan. but so far we can downlaod the mails and not send out same . pls advise how to allow the users to send out mails through the smtp server
  Posted by steve rogers  on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 8:49:45 AM (EST)
This is probably caused by their home ISP blocking port 25 to reduce spam. I got around it by using port 587 for Outlook's outgoing SMTP port, which ISPs will usually pass. LANSuite, however, won't use port 587, so I redirected it at the server's firewall back to port 25.

It's a decent workaround if you know about firewalls, but it would be much better if LANSuite's developers would add port 587 support directly. (Hint, hint)
  Posted by Vincent Zuffour  on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 9:14:53 AM (EST)
hi ,thanks for the tips. yes my ISP just cfmed they hvblocked this port.can you pls tell or mail me how u hv done this on yr firewall , i wanna try and be smarter than my ISP
cheers
p.s : my email is vincent@flexknit.com

best regards
  Posted by steve rogers  on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 9:53:49 AM (EST)
What kind of firewall are you using, Vincent?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 11:20:43 AM (EST)
The other thing you can do is use SSL SMTP. In Lansuite this defaults to port 2525, but you could change it to port 587.

To use this you will need a SSL certificate. Lanusite has the built in capabiilty to generate one for you.

It you decide to use the secure SMTP, your users will have to change their outlook SMPT connection to require a secure conneciton.
  Posted by Vincent Zuffour  on Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 12:08:09 AM (EST)
hi steeve , on my lap i hv zonelabs 6.1.737.000. on the server this only the 602 lan firewall.

hi russel

thanks for the tip , ill give a try and adv

cheers
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.