Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Hibernation woes
  Posted by  Simon Arter  on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 at 1:21:47 PM (EST)
I've been having problems with hibernation on and off now for some time using LS2003 and LS2004. Things would seem to work properly i.e. I would have my home server hibernate and use WoL from my machines to bring it back into service - and it would work fine for a few days, maybe even weeks, then it would stop hibernating... the LS process was the cause as by ending the process manually and waiting or the inactivity period the server would then hibernate... but of course LS wasn't running!

After much menu option / configuration changes I finally stumbled across the 'obvious'.

In the console version (rather than the web based) of the LS software there is an option to 'install/uninstall as an NT service' Once I'd uninstalled and reinstalled hibernation works perfectly again.

I guess what was happening was that windows updates and LS updates were being applied but not all the 'loose ends' were being tied up - moral of the story; if you find hibernation going awol on your system try uninstalling and reinstalling the NT service!

Symes.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.