Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Wish list for new build (or even new version?)
  Posted by  Marshall Lai  on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 11:10:13 PM (EST)
My wish list:

1) Better SPAM filtering options ie. DomainKeys, SPF..... etc
2) Integration with Active Directory accounts
3) IMAP4!!!!
4) Better fax handling under Windows Server 2003 products. No matter what init string (even copied from the WS2003 fax server app) I put into LS2004, receiving fax just won't work under WS2003 while the native WS2003 fax server works perfectly.
5) Better integration with IIS6.0 or newer. I really don't want to run 2 web servers on my machine....

Anything else?
  Posted by Marshall Lai  on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 11:11:03 PM (EST)
And please be out tomorrow if possible but definitely sometime in the 1st half of 2006......
  Posted by Ian Barton  on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 at 6:41:42 AM (EST)
Interesting post, I agree with your comments.

I have recently moved from 602LAN to an alternative for one installation primarily for the following reasons:

- lack of IMAP
- have to use built-in web server

Things have gone very quiet with 602 recently.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 at 1:04:34 PM (EST)
1. I know SPF was shot down by the IEEE as far as standards go, Microsoft abandoned the standard push. That's why SPF isn't used very widely, unfortunately. Domain Keys aren't a standard as well. I would imagine they are holding back on implementing something that may change on a weekly basis. You'll probably see something once it's a bona-fide standard.

2. I imagine this will be coming or the ability to sync with ActiveDirectory will be coming with the new groupware version.

3. IMAP is supposed to be coming with the new groupware version.

4. Not too sure Fax handling will get changed or updated in LS. It may even be removed IMHO. It really hasn't changed since LS 2k, so it's either due for an update or ripe for being abandoned. I don't have any clients who use the fax server..not because it's not flexible enough or anything, but because they still insist on the traditional paper faxes or an all-in-one devices.

5. If you're talking about Web Mail, you already don't have to run it. http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=955

I don't think it will ever be completely supported through IIS, look more for Apache or some lightweight web server, since it's open source. We're all at the mercy of Microsoft...
  Posted by Fabstar 81  on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 at 5:42:41 PM (EST)
i would defenitely be happy with IMAP protocol. having a workstation and a laptop which are both getting email from my LS server, it's a disaster every day to keep them both synchronised. only way then is to leave the copy's on the server. result lansuite being almost 2 gig now...

another things is to have a server side agenda, or shared calendar.

well...that's it basically. LS rulez. tia!
  Posted by Fabstar 81  on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 1:50:34 PM (EST)
aaaah....another thing crossed my mind. i am reading my mail through webmail now, but when you keep one message, lansuite keeps on returning to this message when you delete any message what you are reading.

it is very annoying!!!
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.