Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
NAT does not work - PC hangs up network
  Posted by  Jens Stahl  on Friday, December 30, 2005 at 7:56:16 AM (EST)
Hello

Can someone explain how to use NAT correctly?
I had a Linux-NAT-Server. That was great. All applications worked correctly. Browsers, Messagers and POP3-eMail-Appz. And all with easy configuration. (Start NAT on server + modify gateway and dns on clients = that's all).

Now I need a windows application for using NAT. But I dont understand, why I need to make user accounts for POP3(??????). That is REALLY difficult and not very well.

Browser is not working with NAT (why not?). It's only working after I configured Proxy.

After 10-20 Minutes the Network hangs up on 602Lan Suite Computer. (???)
I cannot access LAN. And DSL Connection is closed and reconnection is impossible. After restart computer LAN things are working again.

I use WinXP for 602LAN Suite
2 Network Interfaces
1=Privat
1=DSL www
  Posted by Jens Stahl  on Monday, January 02, 2006 at 7:45:09 AM (EST)
Now I got a blue screen and computer restarted without any reason.

Greetings
Jens
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, January 02, 2006 at 10:30:57 AM (EST)
BSOD=hardware or driver problems, nothing to do with Lan Suite. Maybe you ought to turn off the automatically reboot option (right click on my computer, go to properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery) and see what the error is. I bet it's the one listed in the knowledge base:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=675

If not, search Microsoft's KB for an answer. Clearly, if the network drops, it's going to be an issue with the network cards or drivers. Could be cheap hardware or bad drivers or a combination of both.
  Posted by Jens Stahl  on Monday, January 02, 2006 at 11:10:28 AM (EST)
Thx for reply.

Maybe I've choosen the wrong words. (my english isn't that good)
The comp restarted after blue screen. It's so fast that I can't read the message.

What about that KB at Microsofts HP?
I cannot find there a subject with my problem.
I installed that much KB patches, I cant count them.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, January 02, 2006 at 11:17:24 AM (EST)
"Maybe you ought to turn off the automatically reboot option (right click on my computer, go to properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery) and see what the error is."
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.