Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Passwords File
  Posted by  Kip Gies  on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 2:13:40 AM (EST)
I had a hard disk crash! I restored LS, but unsure which file contains the passwords. My users are all there, but no one can access because of this missing file.. Any help..??

Kip
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 9:44:52 AM (EST)
From what I understand, there's more than one file that contains the passwords and they're all encrypted. If you made a full backup of that directory, you should restore the full directory, not just certain files, then reinstall LAN Suite over the restored directory.
  Posted by Kip Gies  on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 9:58:27 AM (EST)
I wish it was that easy, but I'm dealing with a bad HD, which doen's run for long...
  Posted by Jeffrey White  on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 1:33:09 AM (EST)
If the number of users you have is small, I suggest you enter a new password for each through the admin functions. Then you could simply tell each user their new password (not via email, of course). Each user can then create a new password via the web mail client.

For each user you set up, I suggest keeping a backup password just in case you must re-create the account. The user would be given this backup password just in case his account was ever reset. The password could be created by some simple hash function with unique input, such as user name.

With all that said, I think the passwords were kept in the m602.lek and/or m602.hes file(s) of the mail subfolders under folder mboxes. But I really do not know.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.