Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
PHP BB
  Posted by  Gary Wrench  on Monday, November 21, 2005 at 4:15:01 PM (EST)
Is there any way to run PHP Bulletin Board from within the Lansuites webserver?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 1:17:06 AM (EST)
Yes I run it. What problems are you having, and what version of PHP are you running? If you are running PHP v5.x, then the EXE you need to map to is "php-cgi.exe". Not the php.exe stated in the KB article.
  Posted by Gary Wrench  on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 5:58:24 AM (EST)
I've had a go at installing in the past and not succeded, I need to download PHP, Mysql, I dont know how to set these up to work with the board - any chance of a simple 'how to' ? I'm a windows network guy and havnt played with MYSQL or PHP at all.
  Posted by Gary Wrench  on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 5:59:15 AM (EST)
forgot to say that I'm now on a new blank windows 2000 server just running lansuite and nothing else installed
  Posted by Gary Wrench  on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 6:45:48 AM (EST)
Right, i now have MySQL 5.0 installed, PHP 5.1.0 installed, and copied across phpbb to a folder within docs , do i need to setup anything on the SQL server and PHP?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 4:02:29 PM (EST)
Once PHP is installed, there is nothing else to do; the applications just use it. In setting up PHP did you follow the instructions in this KB article(apart from the change I menentioned above):
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?

articleID=635&highlight=php
In using MySQL, all the setup is during the install of PHPbb. Lansuite does not use MYSQL, so there is nothing to do there.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 4:21:33 PM (EST)
Just did a quick look for a tutuorial. Found the following. Although it is for Apache so you will have to transfer some of the commands to the approprated Lansuite ones.

Also this install puts it outside the web folder and uses and alias to find it. Lansuite does support alaises so this should not be a problem.

http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/phpBB
  Posted by Gary Wrench  on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 4:22:59 PM (EST)
Many thanks for that, Ive spent a lot of time and was doing so well but have problems with PHPBB recognising any databases, Ive been postig on phpbb suport forum, seems others have had the same problems. I'm going to downgrade PHP but I'm trying to stick with MSSQL rather than MYSQL - Ive got some idea how MSSQL works - not much but a little more than MYSQL !
Thanks again.

BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.