Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
smtp question
  Posted by  Michele Costa  on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 8:48:44 AM (EST)
Hi,

I have try to use in my pc 602 lan suite.

I try to use this in internet, make a port forward and there is nothing problem.
I can send, receive mail and fax in my office and If i go in another office... with internet i check everything in my Pc/server.

But, i have a problem: this morning in my LOG there is many many many message of mail send with lan suite .. but I don't send any mail.
In the log there is write that the smtp server is called from MX of yahho.com.

So I shutdown the lan suite, blok in my router the PORT 25 ..but if Itry to start lan suite ...the send message log restart to write many many message send.

I have a question: for exmple, if a person know my IP internet adress of my router an I in my server able the fax server (use smtp port) ... this uer with fax client and a normal mail like info@mycompany.com can send fax with my server?
There is not any password or login data to insert for send a mail with the server?

Please, help me ;)

thank you

Michele
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 8:56:46 PM (EST)
In the 'SMTP Servers' page, have you got the 'Relay for 602LAN SUITE users only", check marked?

Another optional step is stated below, but should not be neccessry if you have down the above.

Another thing you can do is check mark 'IP filter defines access to SMTP relay' and then go to the 'SMTP Relay IP Filter' page and define your local IP addresses. This will prevent outside servers from using your mail server.
  Posted by Michele Costa  on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 3:21:39 AM (EST)
Thank you very much ;)

I find in c:/programm/software602/602LAN SUITE/io one directory full off message of spam.

in my log there is wite that the Ip connect to lan suite smtp e send message to c:/programm/software602/602lansuite/io directory.

I delete all the directory spam, and increase the security with ip block list.

I hope this is sufficient for block this F...ing spam user ;)

thank you very much

Michele
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.