Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
ANTI-SPAM
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Sunday, November 13, 2005 at 10:00:20 PM (EST)
We currently use our WebHost to gather all our email. We then use Lansuite to access a bucket mailbox to collect the email and then distribute the email to our users.

It seems that the ANTI-SPAM is not working. We have built a black list, but the SPAM emails still get through.

It seems the RBL does work because some emails do show up as SPAM. I am assuming that they are being flagged by the RBL lists that I have selected.

Am I correct in this assessment? Is the only way to get SPAM filtering to work is to host the email ourselves?

Help!!! SPAM is out of Control. We have 150 users and we are getting over 5000 SPAMS a day.

Barry Kucher

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Upper management is getting unruly.

We are considering purchasing Trend Micros RBL service. Will it work in our current configuration? Has anybody gotten Trend Micro's service working with Lansuite?

Lansuite is not listed on their website, but they are listed within Lansuite!!
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, November 14, 2005 at 11:46:09 AM (EST)
If you are doing the mailbox collection by POP3, the spam filter should work. Have your users been training it, using the junk/nojunk emial designations? I am not sure the spam filter comes with a minimun spam training, but it might it you are getting some rejections.

I doubt the RBL are responsible for your spam rejections, since it sounds like you are using Lanusuites POP3 mail excess. RBL only works if you are using SMTP access.

If the RBL is in the list it should work. Even it it was not listed, you could always add it yourself. But RBLs only work with SMTP.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 7:34:04 PM (EST)
Well - Anti Spam DOES work even if you collect email from a bucket such as admin@myco.com

The reason why it wasn't working for us was because I had the probability ratio set to 99% due to an earlier problem.

I now have the probability set to 85% and I'll test that pct.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the probability %.

Experience is having problems and working them through to a resolution. Wish my kids would learn that!!!
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.