Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Antivirus not working
  Posted by  Michael Babigian  on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 at 6:49:04 PM (EST)
LanSuite 2004 is letting W32.Beagle@mm!zip virus right in. It appears LanSuite is not scanning zip files or does not have this recent virus in it's definitions. I've updated repeatedly over the last week and it is still not detecting Beagle. Norton finds it just fine.

Is anyone else having an issue with bitdefender?

Mike
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 11:07:57 AM (EST)
Hmm..I got a couple of these today and they blocked just fine. Are you using the AV Edition or AVG?
  Posted by Michael Babigian  on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 11:47:48 AM (EST)
I'm running the AV addition.
  Posted by Derek Neil  on Friday, November 04, 2005 at 4:28:29 AM (EST)
I had the same trouble and 602 support brushed me off and denied there was any problem. It seemed to me that Lansuite was not scanning zip files - fortunately we have client side AV which picked it up.
  Posted by Michael Babigian  on Friday, November 04, 2005 at 12:40:00 PM (EST)
I haven't been all that impressed with support either. Aside from this issue, I've had two others, one was an exploit where hackers would continually shut down LS.

After initially blowing me off, they eventually admitted there was an issue after I forwarded sniffer traces. They sent me a .dll to try, it didn't work and they went back to ignoring my inquiries. The problem was never fixed in LS2003, but LS2004 doesn't appear to have it.

The other issue was related to LS2004, ISAPI apps wouldn't launch and I told them I wasn't interest in buying if it broke my ISAPI add-ons. They ignored that too. I checked each minor release and many months later, by some miracle it started working again.

This lack of a timely response or any response at all seems to be typical. In the next few months, I'm going to start evaluating other tools to replace LS, but that's to be expected as companies with poor support practices always bleed customers.

Look at the date of my last post giving the AV version I was running. 30 days and not even a peep.

Sad.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.