Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
running LS2004 on a NAS
  Posted by  Steven Walker  on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 6:24:39 AM (EST)
Hello we have a Iomega NAS and want to run LS2004 on it, however have installed it but it only seems to run when we log into the server with TS. have set it to be a service so should have thought it would run ?

Steve
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 4:39:29 PM (EST)
You would need the network drive mapped to a wwndows drive letter. As far as I can see that only can be done when you are logged on.

I believe LanSuite only supports intsallations to local drives, not on networks. Following Knowledge Base article states this:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=682&highlight=network+drives
  Posted by Steven Walker  on Friday, September 16, 2005 at 6:29:54 AM (EST)
Lansuite is installed on the NAS not on a local machine. so we want it self contained on the NAS.

Steve
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 16, 2005 at 9:49:58 AM (EST)
Yeah, it has to be installed from a local console to a local drive. If you have no console access to your NAS storage system and can't read/write to the registry, you're not going to be able to do it.
  Posted by Patrick Ford  on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 3:56:49 PM (EST)
If you have the Iomega P410m I can help you out. There is a way to turn this into a full fledged Win2K Server....mine is fully patched. The only difference is the logon screen still says Windows Powered or whatever...
  Posted by Steven Walker  on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 6:41:52 PM (EST)
Hi Patrick can you send me details I have a 435 so should be the same.
support@mcse-2000.net

Thanks
Steve
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.