Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
99% CPU Utilization
  Posted by  Mike Barkley  on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 10:21:24 PM (EST)
Hi folks. I have installed 602LAN Suite 2004 on my Exchange 2003 Server (Windows Server 2003 SP1) all hot fixes and updates installed. I have configured 602LAN Suite as an SMTP gateway for my Exchange server because my ISP (Verizon) summarily rejects all email that originates from an Exchange/Microsoft SMTP service within it's ISP IP address range, grr! The problem I have is that the 602LAN Suite executible runs with 99% CPU utiliztion. Exchange and 602LAN Suite are working ok with each other except for Lansuits.exe continuously running at 95-99% CPU utilization. I also run Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5 on this server. What's going on here? Anyone have any ideas?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 10:19:52 AM (EST)
Could be a problem with your symantec software causing a conflict or disk io issues with LS. Try turning that software off and see if the cpu usage goes down. If it does, then you know you have a conflict.
  Posted by Roy Heslop  on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 6:01:41 AM (EST)
I get this even when running it on its own, I end up lowering its priority on machines that don't boot often.
  Posted by David Williams  on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 12:32:43 AM (EST)
I've had some success with a very similar problem - my CPU usage was only 75%.

Checking the call stack with PROCEXP showed that the threads wasting CPU time were doing RPC.

It only happens when I'm connected to the net - otherwise the CPU usage drops to zero.

I tried stopping windows services that weren't absolutely necessary, some of which I think 602LAN started itself. RemoteAccess, ALG,

Also other background processes, like my UPS monitor & temperature monitor helped.

Doing that got the CPU down below 50%, and sometimes down to normal idle levels.

It's hard to say just what it didn't like as the improvement wasn't consistent for each service.

Hope it helps,

David Williams
  Posted by David Carlson  on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at 1:38:51 PM (EST)
I've noticed something very similar. At some point the fax server stopped working properly and on my Win2003 machine the CPU usage went to 50%. When I stopped the fax server portion of the software and restarted the application, CPU usage would drop to 1-3%.

Support told me that this was a hardware conflict of some type, so I tried it on a completely different machine with a different OS- same result. At this point I no longer have a fax server, about which I'm sorely disappointed.
  Posted by David Williams  on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 6:11:49 PM (EST)
I replaced dial-up with a cable modem, and the problem vanished.
  Posted by Craig Roberts  on Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 3:31:56 PM (EST)
Actually I have just fixed it, I installed and started the service version and shutdown the app and it now sits at 1%-2%
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.