Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
How to use FireWall
  Posted by  J.f. Mullemeister  on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 11:42:07 AM (EST)
I tried 602Lan Suite for some time now, but I'm not able to set up a working firewall.Each time I enabled the FW, I can not reach the internet anymore. I tried to alter the security level, to use the custom levels, but without result. I just want to browse the internet, run a FTP server, get and send mail, use MSN.
Can I find a working example somewhere, or is there anyone who would be so kind to help me??
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 3:34:40 PM (EST)
The following Knowledge Base entry might get you going:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=734&highlight=firewall
  Posted by J.f. Mullemeister  on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 5:05:35 AM (EST)
Russell,

Thanx for your reply. I already had seen that article, but it did not solve my problem. I now added 2 lines to allow All Protocols going IN and OUT on the network adapter connected to the router. But I do not know if I created a security hole now.
I wish there was some more information about the settings of the firewall of 602LS2004, explaning how it works and what protocols you need.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 6:45:01 AM (EST)
If the firewall is reset to default settings (I suggest HIGH), you should be able to browse the internet. If not you have another problem. I suggest uninstall / reinstall your LAN / WAN adapters, then reinstall or upgrade LS2004. Either way you should'nt loose any data (Backup anyway).

Run LS2005 as an application - not as a service. This will help to diagnose other issues you may have.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.