Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LS2004 and WLAN
  Posted by  Marcin Terlecki  on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 9:29:21 AM (EST)
Hi. I'm using LS2004 on Win XP Pro SP2. I have three NIC's:

1. Intel Pro 100
2. LanTech Wireless NIC b/g standard.
3. LanTech 100 pci card

Currently I'm sharing the internet connection over wired lan card to a notebook computer. Dhcp asigns the ip to my notebook. But dhcp only works when I connect the network cable to the notebook. Because of this I can't start LS2004 as a service with the network cable not connected to my notebook. When I do so the dhcp server won't start even if I connect the network cable to notebook.

I decided to share the internet over WLAN card on my home computer. Will this work ?? I'm having doubts on how dhcp will behave if it will have to run when my notebook WLAN is not connected.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Thursday, September 01, 2005 at 3:54:21 PM (EST)
For the wired connection, place a cheap network hub between your computers. Your DHCP will now always work.
As for the wireless, some WLAN handlers will only connect if you are logged in. This means a delay after login before WLAN has a IP address. If DHCP attempts to start before WLAN you may have the same problem.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.