Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
SendFax issues
  Posted by  Brian Girling  on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 5:52:54 PM (EST)
Both the LanSuite server and client computer are WinXP Pro. LanSuite 2004AV is the only application running on the server, a new IBM P4 desktop. I have uninstalled the Norton AV from the server and disabled the AVG AV on the client laptop. Windows Firewall is also disabled on both machines.

When trying to send a fax from Notepad using the SendFax client I get the error message "Host not accepting mail!" although the fax and smtp servers are enabled in LanSuite.

Any thoughts?

Brian
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 9:39:50 AM (EST)
What OS is this? Did you check the services to make sure there wasn't any kind of SMTP service running in the background? (ex: the smtp service that comes with IIS)..
  Posted by Brian Girling  on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 11:33:00 AM (EST)
Thanks for your reply. The machine that LanSuite is on is a P4 IBM desktop with WINXP Pro SP2 as the OS.
LanSuite is the only application running on it. I have not set it up as a service. IIS is not installed on this machine and I can't see anything in Processes that might invoke SMTP. In LanSuite I have SMTP server enabled for all through port 25. Although my ISP's SMTP address is listed in that box I have not enabled "Send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server". I see that you answer a lot of queries in this forum. If a telephone call would be more efficient than email, my toll free number from most places in north america is 800-461-8687, ext 300. Brian
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.