Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602TAB conditional If null action...
  Posted by  Meredith Lukashal  on Friday, August 19, 2005 at 3:19:25 PM (EST)
Is there a way to have either the IFTrue action or the IFFalse leave the value in the current cell unchanged?

X1=y, A1=1, y varies depending on other fields.

If(A1=1,0,*X1remains unchanged*)

I guess I'm asking if there is a null action available. I suspect the answer is no as it seems that before the formula is evaluated, the current cell is set to zero.
  Posted by Adrian Krause  on Monday, August 22, 2005 at 10:00:57 AM (EST)
In my meagre and somewhat limited experience, I have found that its best to have a seperate input cell of data, and a seperate working cell of results, and finally a seperate display of results cells, if its needed.
So, enter on a working cell somewhere away from the input cell eg:.. =if(inputcell=1,0,inputcell)
For example inputcell could be cell A1.
If you want the result in say cell b1, put this equation in the b1 cell...=if(a1=1,0,a1)

Hope this is of some help. It doesnt answer your question, but maybe, if you havnt thought of it already, it might be of some use. Here's hoping...
Cheers , Adrian

Posted by Meredith Lukashal  on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 12:16:29 PM (EST)
Thanks for your reply Adrian. I see what you mean. Thanks for expanding my perspective.
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.