Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
How to give security to a particular NIC?
  Posted by  Mohan Goyal  on Friday, August 05, 2005 at 9:22:33 AM (EST)
I am using 602Lan Suite 2004. Can anyone help me provide the settings to give Authentication access to a particular NIC installed on a machine running Windows 2003 Server Ent. Edition. Three NICs are installed on a single machine. One is used to access the Leased Line, the other will be used for sharing internet to my Cyber Cafe and the third will be used to give access to cable internet. How can I give authentication access to a particular NIC using Lan Suite 2004 while giving free access to the other NIC.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Friday, August 05, 2005 at 5:29:04 PM (EST)
a combination of NAT and Proxy may work. I have no need to replicate your environment, so cant test what I propose...make the unrestricted NIC your shared WAN for NAT. Make the autenticated NIC the proxy server. Your LAN NIC will be the default router for all your clients (maybe use LS DHCP to propigate your settings). Those clients you wish to authenticate will have a proxy server entry in IE and the others will get NATted. IP Filters for both services will also act as border gaurds. I suggest a tool like 'ProxyPAL' will aid individual clients to switch between your NICs. When you run an IPCONFIG /all on your 2003 server the "IP Routing Enabled....:" must be YES to enable data to pass between your Proxied NIC and LAN (RRAS). Enable Proxy authentication within LS and all should work (in theory).
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.