Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
NAT service failed to recognize LAN cards
  Posted by  Ioan Indreias  on Thursday, August 04, 2005 at 3:41:41 PM (EST)
Hello.

I have installed today Lan Suite 602 on a Windows XP Pro box. It wirks very fine till we choose to start the server as a Win Service or on System StartUp (using the Schedule Application).

The ideea it is that we have 2 LAN cards on the server and both of them are not displayed when I connect to the server web admin page. The only way to have the NAT service works it is to start the application after we logon with no matter user account.

It is not a problem of DHCP or TCP/IP settings. Just this stupid behavior of not recognition of the LAN cards (on the dial-up adpater it is present).

Did somebody else have this problem?

Regards,
Ioan.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Friday, August 05, 2005 at 5:35:47 PM (EST)
When you generate the Service there is a list of services that you can define to start before LS. Select all of the needed Network services here, then reinstall the LS Service.
  Posted by Ioan Indreias  on Monday, August 08, 2005 at 2:03:35 AM (EST)
Hi,

I have try this issue - I have add Windows Firewall service (as I use it) to the list of service that lansuite "depend" but still the same issue (and of course I have re-install lansuite service).

I have tried also another method: I start the exe program (using windows scheduler) at system start-up, but after some delay (1 minute). Still the same issue.

Thanks for other suggestions - if available....
  Posted by Ioan Indreias  on Monday, August 08, 2005 at 4:52:21 AM (EST)
I come back with the last status:

I start lansuite.exe with 3 minutes delay after system start-up and NAT service failed (again) to start. I found the following error:
11:24:39 AM NAT: Unable to start Network Address Translating - error 20543.

On NAT section from the options (from webadmin page) I have only the dialup adapter and no network cards.

I need to start the NAT service from the WAN and LAN NIC cards, but them are not there (if I start as service or as I have described - with some delay). If I start after I have login (with no matter user) everything it is OK.

Could someone help?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.