Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PRINT PACK 5.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PRINT PACK 5.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
I cant install PP5 - error code -6001
  Posted by  Krystian Zych  on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 5:08:32 PM (EST)
I can't install PP5. Setup has experienced an error. Error code: -6001. What is it?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 10:00:00 AM (EST)
According to a google search, it's caused by a corrupt installer program. The solutions outlined there say to delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine folder and try again. I would also reinstall with a fresh download of the software just in case it's a problem with the download rather than the installer program.
  Posted by Bernard Cain  on Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 5:22:11 PM (EST)
I dowloaded pp5 about six times and still getting the 6001 error. Don't fancy deleting the Engine folder though. Are you reading these forums 602? Could we have some info please?
  Posted by Bernard Cain  on Friday, July 22, 2005 at 9:17:48 AM (EST)
Now dowloaded ten times, done everything suggested on the 6001 error screen. Even deleted the Engine folder as suggested. Stopped everything running from msconfig etc. Serious bug in this software if you ask me. Why isn't there support other than paid support on this website? There should be some advice available when users can't even install a program, this is just not on. Wished I had just downloaded the trial version now instead of just paying for the upgrade. Live and learn. I still await 602's response, there must be a moderator for thios forum.
  Posted by Bernard Cain  on Friday, July 22, 2005 at 9:23:22 AM (EST)
SUMMARY:
During installation of 602PRINT PACK 5.0, you may receive an InstallShield error that returns an error code '-6001'.

SOLUTION:
This InstallShield error indicates a corrupt verison of InstallShield is installed on your computer. To correct this issue, simply delete the following folder from your computer and attempt to run the installer again:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701

If this fails to correct the problem, we recommend you RENAME (not delete) the entire C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\ folder and try again. You may rename the folder to anything you like, but we recommend something similar to 'InstallShield-old'.

BackBack to 602PRINT PACK 5.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.