Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Ldap addresses
  Posted by  Pippo Pluto  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 5:10:42 AM (EST)
Is there any way to find via LDAP other addresses than lansuite users?

I am trying to have an address book accessible via LDAP to Outlook clients but all I get are the user addresses. Thank you
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 9:44:51 AM (EST)
The LDAP address book is only able to contain lan suite users. What you could do is create a public address book that you could export and synchronize with your user's outlook from time to time. This could be done fairly easily with a login script or similar.

In outlook, you could also do this my maintaining a personal address book on the server and then mapping the address book filename to the \\server\share\filename.pab file on the client side.
  Posted by Pippo Pluto  on Friday, July 15, 2005 at 11:36:38 AM (EST)
>The LDAP address book is only able >to contain lan suite users

this seems quite useless to me: hundreds of users? A real address book sharable via LDAP would be extremely useful as all modern email clients support it.

>What you could do is create a >public address book that you could >export and synchronize with your >user's outlook from time to time

this is feasible if all users had Office Outlook (in this case you also have the chance to put a .pab file on a share); nor with OE or Mozilla Thunderbird this is possible. Unless of course using export and import on every client.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.