Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
UK Date Format
  Posted by  Alex Stevenson  on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 2:48:57 PM (EST)
Installed on a Windows server 2000 with regional options set to US, and documents showing dates in the 7/28/2005 US style, I have now changed the regional settings to UK English, pounds, GMT, London, UK, A4, Steak and Kidney Pie etc. but it still shows document dates as 7/28/2005. Please, what have I missed?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 4:27:24 PM (EST)
I checked this on one of our servers and did the exact same steps (US/english version of Windows 2k, changed to UK/english after install).

I got the web client to show the dates right but not the client that's built into the OS. I think the dates are probably hard-coded in the client which is why it won't work. :(

I also tried with the date format set UK/english before installing and got the same results..
  Posted by Alex Stevenson  on Monday, July 18, 2005 at 10:46:02 AM (EST)
Thanks for this, I will now do a complete re-install with UK regional settings in place, then restore and hope it works out. Our other server is UK date format so it proves it is possible. I checked in the registry but nothing about date formats is obvious. I guess it is all set up in the database somewhere. For an truely excellent product at a give away price, it could do with a few more options such as select date format, colour sheme, the abillity to not offer the users an edock client on the sign on page, the ability to embed code in web pages that links to the edock server, the ability to store files in a shared folder that edock would adopt and list as it's own files, etc. Thanks again - Alex.
  Posted by Alex Stevenson  on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 5:55:15 PM (EST)
UPDATE - Found the answer. IIS uses the default user regional options, not the current user regional options. By upgrading to w2003 server I have the option in regional settings to also update the default user regional options settings. This may have been less of a problem if I was not using the Dell server install disk where some of the installation options are pre-defined.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.