Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
The 602LAN SUITE service hung on starting.
  Posted by  John Mall  on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 at 6:03:28 PM (EST)
I receive this error message in the event log, and it hasn't been resolved since about 1 year.
Event ID: 7022
The 602LAN SUITE service hung on starting.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I don't want just to ignore, but solve it. I have set the lan suite to start as a win service automatically and checked, that it starts after the other services are started, and when I check what's going on, it's not starting after the other services but at the same time. So Settings->Advanced Configuration->Win Service and then 'start this service after the selected services are running' it doesnt really work!

Any advices?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 3:55:47 PM (EST)
Odd, it works for me doing this. I had a problem like this when starting antivirus software first and that took care of the problem.

Have you tried disabling some of the services you have running to see if there's a conflict? I'm pretty sure the issue is going to be with something that takes high cpu to load like anti-virus or firewall software. What all do you have installed on this machine?
  Posted by Dick Bins  on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 5:04:08 PM (EST)
If I use version 2004.0.05.0623 I don't have a problem, upgrading to the latest version gives this 7022 error. Somthin is wrong in the latest version....

Dick
  Posted by Dick Bins  on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 5:39:37 PM (EST)
Sorry, the version that is working is 2004.0.05.0509, 2004.0.05.0623 is the latest version.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 9:27:28 AM (EST)
I'd be careful blaming the new build as I for one have no problems across all supported platforms with the new build. I have many clients running the new build and they have no problems whatsoever. If this was a problem with the new build, I'd have to say that I'd be experiencing problems too. Many of my customers use Windows 2003.

Did you try what I mentioned about disabling some of the services that are running to try to ascertain what one is causing a conflict?
  Posted by Dick Bins  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 9:56:49 AM (EST)
Robert,

What kind of interpretation do I otherwise have to give to this error?
Of course there are clients that do not have any problem, but fact is that the error didn't occur whith the old version, after I installed the new version I got a 7022. I uninstall the new version and I don't get the error. Everything is working fine but I want to get rid of the error.

Dick
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 10:04:58 AM (EST)
What services are currently running?
  Posted by John Mall  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 6:19:49 PM (EST)
If you carefully watch the Event Logs, you will notice that right after you login to Windows, quite many services (about 7-10) are launched 1 min after. To carefully observe this do the following:
1. Login to Windows
2. Quickly go to Control Panel
3. Under Admin. Tools, start the Event Viewer
4. Click on Services and hit keep hitting the refresh button (F5)

Then, in about 1 min you will see all those logs, they show up together, and you will see the red one for the lansuite.
  Posted by John Mall  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 6:20:44 PM (EST)
Step 4. Click on System on the left, not on Services, apologies!
  Posted by John Mall  on Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 6:32:40 PM (EST)
The other thing is that when you setup lansuite to start after the other services are running, which is selected in the lansuite configuration, you will see that this function does not work. In order to determine this you can examine the matter in a very similar way, described in my previous post:
(note-you have to do all steps very quickly)
1. Login to Windows
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Administrative Tools
4. Double click on Services
5. And right in beginning of the list you will see that the status of the 602LAN SUITE is 'starting'... which means it's already starting, and it's supposed to start after the other (selected) services are up and running.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, July 15, 2005 at 9:54:27 AM (EST)
I should also point out that you should reinstall the service using the "reinstall service" button when you set LS to load after services.
  Posted by John Mall  on Friday, July 15, 2005 at 11:22:49 AM (EST)
Yes I did click the 'reinstall service' button. The problem is that 602LAN SUITE doesn't for the checked (selected) services to run, but it starts immediately, which means if it starts along with all services at the same time, there is no chance that it will be a quick start. This function is not working. Maybe something could be specified at the command line parameters to start up like after 1 min, but I don't know the parameters.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.