Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
High CPU load with LS 2004 and W2003
  Posted by  Finnegan Pope-carter  on Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 12:32:12 PM (EST)
Recently installed LS 2004 on a windows server 2003 machine.

Its currently only acting as a proxy server and not a mail/anti virus server.

Since installing this Its cpu usage has not dropped below 100%

The server contains 1024 MB of DDR RAM and an AMD Athlon64 3000 so doseant lack processing power.

Any information as to why this may happen would be most useful!
  Posted by Stew Bottorf  on Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 5:56:54 PM (EST)
I'm also experiencing high CPU use but I'm just using LanSuite as a mail server (no proxy).

My server is Windows 2000. The latest LanSuite update seems to show this more than the previous version.

Has anyone else suspected this?
____
Stew
  Posted by David Williams  on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 8:22:44 AM (EST)
I've been having the same sort of trouble.
svchost is using about 30% CPU, and lansuits.exe about 25%.
When I'm not connected to the net, the CPU usage is minimal (<5%), but if I connect, regardless of whether it's used or not, the CPU use jumps to %60+.

One time it seemed to resolve itself, as when I came back to the machine a few hours later, it was connected, but CPU use was normal.

Looking at svchost with procexp shows that an RPC thread is using all of that CPU time.
I even tried killing that thread, but it just started back up, and didn't give any errors at all.

I really like 602LAN Suite, but the CPU thrashing is getting to the point where I'll have to start looking at alternatives for some, or all of LAN Suite's functions.

HELP!!!
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.