Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
SMTP Authentication
  Posted by  Eric Praske  on Friday, June 24, 2005 at 9:24:39 PM (EST)
Hello,

I have a cgi-script running on my apache web server and it has been running fine. However I would like to enable the option that says Verify the sender by previous POP3 access on my 602 Lan Suite 2004. My cgi-script does not support this. So is there any way that I could set my configuration that would allow only one of the LAN computers (my web server) to not be required to authenticate?

Thanks in advance.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 9:40:29 AM (EST)
There's not a way to do this in lan suite. You could install sendmail on that machine and have it use that mail client to send mail directly to LS (LS being the uplink server), or if you don't need external/internet access..you could always go with an IP filter to define your internal network only as authorized relay/senders.
  Posted by Eric Praske  on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 6:16:28 PM (EST)
Thanks for the advice. I tried a bunch of smtp servers and sendmail programs, but none of them seemed to work for my configuration. I finally decided to setup my cgi scripts differently on my web server. Thanks again.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.