Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Server cannot be accessed !
  Posted by  Thorsten Dheureuse  on Saturday, June 18, 2005 at 1:40:51 AM (EST)
We installed the 602LAN suite on our company network, first for 5 users, to test if it's working with our office routine. Anyway, we are connectet to a broadband service, which determins the IP addresses automatically and the IP for the server is 192.186.2.114 and not 192.168.1.1 as suggested. Everything works fine so far, only the server is not accessable in the common net (My network places) anymore and the connected network printer cannot be used anymore. Same story vice versa, the server cannot connect to any other computer in the office network except via internal e-mail. Any solution for this problem would be most apprciated best regards and thanks in advance. The TROPLAND STUDIO team in Bali
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 3:29:46 PM (EST)
Put two network cards to your 602LAN SUITE PC. One is to connect
to your ISP and another one is to connect to your lan. All lan computers need to have IPs from the same subnet. Then all services will work.

Peter
  Posted by Thorsten Dheureuse  on Monday, June 20, 2005 at 12:49:30 AM (EST)
Thanks Peter,
we really appreciate your help.
I thought about that already myself. We just need to figure out, how the connections will be, as we have one wireless router, which is connected to a hub, where all computers connect. We are going to try it later today. Thanks again and best regards from TROPLAND STUDIO Bali - Indonesia
  Posted by Lex Joseph  on Monday, June 20, 2005 at 11:47:55 AM (EST)
Hi Thorsten,
In your initial message you wrote that you retrieved the IP address of your 'server' via a broadband service. Are you sure this is the IP address of the server? Normally what you get is the IP address assigned to you by your ISP. IP addresses to connect to a computer within the network (server or not), are usually assigned to each computer by your router.

So if appliances are not working, it might be because they were routed to the wrong IP address. To get the correct one for your server you should run IPconfig on it.

So although Peter's suggestion is probably the best in terms of safety, it should not be necessary to get things working. Regards,
Lex
  Posted by Thorsten Dheureuse  on Monday, June 20, 2005 at 10:17:11 PM (EST)
Thanks a lot to all of you. It's working now. We followed Peter's advice (as I thought myself it would be the safest solution, only wasn't sure about the infrastructure of the connrctions). Anyway it's good to know where to ask and that there is somebody out there that helps...Thanks again. Had already not very pleasent experiences, where even the software company ignores any requests !!!

Take care and regards

Thorsten
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.