Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
mytob.er making it through server
  Posted by  Ronald Cardwell  on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 at 1:57:45 PM (EST)
I am running the 2004 antivirus version and mytob.er seems to make it through the server and be sent to users. Has anyone else had this same problem. I updated the virus scan with no luck. It is catching all the other viruses up to this point. I did send an email to software 602 and they say this virus is being caught in their test enviroment. The only reason why I know it is making it through is because I am using trend on my pc's and luckily it is catching it. Norton has it listed as a virus on there page but mcafee doesnt, and that is what I am using on my mail server.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MYTOB
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 10:04:28 AM (EST)
Interesting. Bitdefender is blocking this by an alias (mytob.ch), and it's working fine on all three of the machines I have access to at the moment.

Did you try sending a copy of the virus to Software602 so they can test it/send it to bitdefender? There may be a varient or something that's new in the wild.

Another thing you might be able to get to work is to delete the contents of the plugins folder in the lan suite folder then try an update. this will force a download of everything to get the av running again which will guarantee you have a good copy of the virus databases.

Another thing you might look into is that your virus application is false alarming. It might be a slim chance but it's possible your av program is freaking out. You don't have any av installed on your lan suite server, do you?
  Posted by Ronald Cardwell  on Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 3:23:01 PM (EST)
Yeah I think this is just a variant of the virus. I talked to software 602 and they said to send it to them so they could forward it on to bitdefender, but trend is deleting the virus and just leaving me a blank zip file. Bitdefender is catching most of them too, just not mytob.er and mytob.cm Hopefully they will get a updated dat file to catch these. Thanks for the response.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 4:49:48 PM (EST)
Disabling your anti-virus software will allow you to send the file.
  Posted by Ronald Cardwell  on Friday, June 10, 2005 at 10:59:12 AM (EST)
I am still getting these. I am trying to send a copy of the email to lansuite. I deleted all in my plugins folder and updated the virus scan, but this is still not catching this virus.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.