Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Webmail Login screen drops input
  Posted by  G B  on Monday, May 30, 2005 at 8:45:22 AM (EST)
When loging into webmail the login page displays OK but when I enter my login name it won't let me type but shows the previous login list but seems to refresh before I can select. any single letter disappears.
However as a work around I can type my login name into the run box (of windows) or into notepad, then copy and pase the name into the lansuite 2004 login bobox, and this works OK then lets me enter the password in usual way.
Anyone got any ideas what is happening?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 1:33:20 PM (EST)
Might be an issue with your web browser. Have you tried an alternate browser or a different computer to see if this happens there as well?
  Posted by G B  on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 2:17:57 PM (EST)
Thanks Robert for the quick response. I tried with mozilla from XPpro computer (on which LS4 is running) both with & Mozilla Firefox, and IE6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2, and with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 and earlier ver.

Tried from network on win2k PC not otherwise running LS, and using Firefox 1.?.

Regards

Same result upgraded to latest LS4 release yesterday, = same thing.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, June 03, 2005 at 10:06:28 AM (EST)
Very strange. I tried 3 different installations since my last post and I don't have this problem. Are you using extended ascii characters or something like that?
  Posted by G B  on Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 10:33:25 AM (EST)
I assume you mean in the login name. I use only simple forenames lower case alpha for login. and whilst I do use plain numerical characters 0 to 9 in password that is not an issue as it is the login name that keeps getting refreshed before I can enter a PW. As stated it is OK if I paste the login name. I wondered if LS is remembering more than one Login / PW combination? where does it store this or is that a browser function?
  Posted by G B  on Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 11:37:06 AM (EST)
I have now found the culprit - Kerio firewall's popup killer. Kerio with the popup killer enabled is including a javascript in the LS login web page which is temporarily disabled when Ctrl key is pressed. As I was using Ctrl + V to paste the username into the box the CTRL key must have disabled the refresh of the username. I don't know quite how this works, or why the LS login webpage is offensive to Kerio, but at least I have a work around for now.
Regards
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, June 06, 2005 at 10:11:25 AM (EST)
Good catch. That's really strange. I guess that's another reason to use the firewall provided with LS, huh. :)
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.