Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LANSUITE Starts & Shutsdown
  Posted by  Andy Wood  on Monday, May 23, 2005 at 12:58:34 PM (EST)
When i start the programme Lansuite starts up, goes through its checks and then closes down. I have tried uninstalling and setting up again but with no luck. I cannot get to the control panel to use the wizard or advanced options. As the prog scrolls through its screen i can quickly see "Proxy failed to start" or something like that.

I am using MS Seefver Enterprise 2003 with SP1 and latest updates, with AVG AV Server edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 10:17:48 AM (EST)
AVG might be holding the e-mail hostage if it's got a virus attached, but it could be other things as well. Does your application log in Windows tell you anything?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 1:10:29 PM (EST)
You will find the LANSuite logs in the install directory. 'Snnnnnnnn.log'
The "n" is the numeric log date.
  Posted by Andy Wood  on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 7:31:21 AM (EST)
Thanks for the replies. I have uninstalled AVG, re-installed 602 again, without AVG, but still no success. I cant even get 602 to start up to get to the log. It shows the screen loading everything, but before it shuts off i quickly see "Error 3 something about proxy" and shuts down. The strange thing is the settings tab is greyed out. The programme doesnt even show in task manager. I am really stumped. MS are no good as it is not one of their products. I was hoping to crack this problem as 602 has good reviews but if all else fails i may have to go with Kerio (don't fanct that).
  Posted by Andy Wood  on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 7:36:24 AM (EST)
Russell, thanks for the lead. I have just checked the log as you suggested and it shows the following NS: Error 3 when starting proxy.

I am totally baffled as to why this is happening as all the diagnostics on the server are showing OK.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 10:10:24 AM (EST)
The NS proxy error can be ignored, it won't cause the software to crash/go away. You're not getting any erros in your Application log in Windows?
  Posted by Andy Wood  on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 6:14:53 AM (EST)
Robert, thanks for the reply. I have scanned all the logs and the only error that sticks out is the following : Fault Bucket 198182058 has caused error 1001. Having checked the MS Web Site for hours, the only reference they list is that "an application has caused a fault and closed down" but no reference as to how to resolve it or what the application is.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 9:53:47 AM (EST)
Strange. Do you use the Bayesian filter? Maybe your database is corrupt. Try moving the 'bayes.db' and 'words.db' files out of the lan suite folder and see if that fixes the problem. if it does not, move them back so you don't have to re-train.
  Posted by Andy Wood  on Saturday, May 28, 2005 at 5:36:41 AM (EST)
Rob, thanks for your advice. I have checked the programme folder for 602 and the two files you mentioned are not visible. Totally confused by this, I have downloaded a fresh install of 602 incase that was corrupt, but i have still got the same problem. The really strange thing is that if i am really fast i can hit the server tab to view reports but these show nothing, and after a few seconds the programme closes down again.
  Posted by Prikshat Kaplish  on Friday, June 10, 2005 at 5:06:41 AM (EST)
I had a similar thing happen after an otherwise succesful update.

I had to empty the windows temp folder to solve my startup problem.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.