Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
proxy server dropping images
  Posted by  Andrew Tierney  on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 12:44:43 AM (EST)
Anyone have any ideas why the proxy server service would drop images intermittently?

Some sites load up fine, but others when there are pictures loke google/images some of the images dont load using IE6. If you right click and use show image the image is loaded.

If the page is reloaded the image usually shows.

Andrew
  Posted by David Brandorf  on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 6:23:14 AM (EST)
I have that problem!! I have had the exact same problem with many proxy servers, and I have been messing around with many for months and months. It happens in any version of IE I have tried (4, 5, 6) and all OS's - it's something to do with the way the proxy works I think, and maybe a conflict between the local internet cache and the proxy cache. But somewhere there is a bug in that the proxy and the web browser don't talk to each other properly and the image is lost - it REALLY SUCKS and it's peeving me off big time.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will reply because it's been 9 days already and nobody seems to know.
  Posted by Terry Fehr  on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 10:38:17 AM (EST)
I've also had the same problem plus I had a lot of trouble using windowsupdate. Then, about two weeks ago, my ISP changed the configuration of their caching servers and now windowsupdate works great and the missing image problem is almost completely fixed. I don't know what they did, but the problem you are experiencing may very well be a conflict between the Proxy and your ISP's configuration.

Best Regards,
Terry Fehr
  Posted by Sasa Stupar  on Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 1:03:12 PM (EST)
I have the same problem. I've tried Apache proxy and it is working fine. With LanSuite there is still some work to be done by the author.
  Posted by A Hunter  on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 3:19:15 PM (EST)
I am having the same problem and would like some help. Many of the sites that I have tested would not allow me to access it, and if it would work, it was very slow. I would have to reload the page, or open a new browser from the link and close the current window.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.