Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Combine POP3 downloader 602LAN and MS Exchange?
  Posted by  Arnoud Vanvliet  on Monday, April 18, 2005 at 3:42:58 PM (EST)
One of the things I like very much about the 602LAN Suite is its POP3 downloader module. I have 10 email addresses, one of which is a sPOP (SSL) box. I now use 602LAN to download all POP3 mail, and then access it via POP3 under only 4 user names.

However, for several reasons I'd like to switch to the full blown MS Exchange server. However, this doesn't have the POP3 downloaders. I have tested many of the utilities available, but either they don't do sPOP (SSL) or they are way outside my financial possibilities.

Is it possible to use 602LAN Suite to download the (s)POP3 email, and then forward it to the MS Echange server on the same PC?

Thanks for any tips!
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 8:08:00 PM (EST)
You could set up one account which recieves unsorted mail. Then you can delete the rest.

Then open up webmail for that account, and set up mail rules to forward the emails to your exchange server. You would need one mail rule for each email address you recieve, and forward it to the particular exchange account you want it in.
  Posted by Arnoud Vanvliet  on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 8:34:05 PM (EST)
Thanks, Russell.

One thing I am going to try is to make a virtual PC on the Exchange server using VMWare, and run 602LAN inside the virtual PC. It can then forward the messages to Exchange. Worth a try?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.